COMING SOON - this page of the BAPM website will signpost to useful resources about research.
If you would like to suggest a resource under one of the following categories please contact the BAPM office.
- Is it research?
- Research methodology; Quantitative v Qualitative approaches,
- How to meet the research competencies in the curriculum,
- Future of research – big data, automatic enrolment.
- Co-production in research,
Appraising others' research
- How to critically appraise a research paper.
- How to carry out a systematic literature review.
- How to communicate research to others.
- How to run a journal club.
- How to keep up to date with current research (incl. social media).
- Practising an evidence-based approach to neonatology.
Getting involved in others' research
- Finding opportunities.
- Discussing studies with participants and relatives and how to get consent.
- How to set up a multicentre trial in your own unit.
Doing your own research
- How to formulate a research question.
- How to build a successful research team.
- Trial / study management.
- Identifying sources of funding and successful funding applications.
- Disseminating your research findings.
- The importance of public & patient involvement.
Becoming a research leader
- Developing a research vision.
- CV development.
- Influencing through social media?
- Budget development & management.
- Understanding the funding landscape.
- Influencing at a local, national and international level.
- Project leadership skills.