The National Institute Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN): Children are looking for an enthusiastic Neonatal Clinician with experience of leading paediatric research who may be interested in taking on this role.
The NIHR CRN: Children’s Specialty works in partnership with clinical communities to support the development of paediatric research via the NIHR CRN Children Clinical Studies Groups (CSG), linked with charities and other key stakeholders in the field. The Neonatal CSG has a specific focus on supporting and developing research within the field of Neonatology.
This CSG has a dual role of both advising the NIHR CRN Children in defining research priorities in paediatrics and in developing a portfolio of clinical trials and other well designed studies. The remit of the CSG includes:
- To be responsible for developing and overseeing its portfolio of studies
- To propose and develop new trials and other well-designed studies
- To consider studies proposed by others, and advise the NIHR CRN Children
- To provide specific advice to investigators
- To ensure consumer involvement in all activities
The CSG holds 2 face-to-face meetings per year in London, plus 1 teleconference in between. The Chair of the CSG will be expected to attend additional meetings as required for example the CSG Chairs Forum, meetings with the CSG funders etc.
Deadline: 6th January 2020