BAPM is seeking members to join a working group to prepare a report on issues around the quality of working life for consultants that work in neonatal care. This group is being set up in response to issues raised from members around consultant working patterns, workforce issues and job satisfaction. If you have an interest in any of these topics and would like to contribute to this group then please apply using the form below.
We are particularly interested in recruiting people who have experience in conducting qualitative research. No previous experience of BAPM working groups is required.
We are looking for:
- 3-4 Neonatal Consultants that work in NICUs
- 3-4 Paediatric or neonatal consultants that work in LNUs and SCUs
- 2 Trainees
The group’s remit will be to:
- Plan a survey into consultants’ working patterns and job satisfaction.
- Analyse and publish the survey data.
- Contribute to a report sharing good practice examples and recommendations to address the issues raised.
The first meeting will be held at 2pm on 11 October. Work on this project is expected to last for approximately one year. All meetings will be virtual.
This working group will focus on the quality of working life for consultants. In the future BAPM has plans to address workforce and life-long career issues in other areas.
To apply please complete the application form and return to the BAPM Office by 12 September.