BAPM is seeking members to join a working group on data and informatics.
The objectives of the group are to champion and support perinatal professionals with the use of data to inform improvements in perinatal clinical care and services. The group will consist of multi-professional knowledgeable individuals committed to championing and improving the use of data to benefit professionals, patients and families.
The remit of the group will include:
- Representing BAPM in consultations involving other professional organisations seeking specialist input e.g the RCPCH-led SNOMED-CT Paediatric Reference workstream, Neonatal Data Analysis Unit-led revision of the neonatal dataset.
- To facilitate the representation of membership views at different boards including, but not exclusively, the National Neonatal Audit Programme (NNAP) Board, National Neonatal Research Database (NNRD) Board.
- Advising the BAPM Executive Committee on data related projects within BAPM’s work programme.
- Advocating for use of perinatal data to benefit professionals, patients and families.
- Supporting perinatal professionals by developing resources and disseminating appropriate informatics knowledge.
Any BAPM Members may apply however, we are particularly interested in recruiting members to fulfil these particular roles:
- NICU representative
- LNU/SCU representative
- Nursing representative
- Trainee representative
- Data manager
- Network manager
- Parent representative
It is envisaged that the full group will meet virtually 3 times per year, however, there may be additional meetings for any sub groups working on specific projects. The first meeting is planned for 10-11:30 7th January 2021.
To apply please contact the BAPM office including 1 paragraph outlining the reason for your interest and any relevant experience to join the group.
Deadline: 14 December