BAPM will facilitate passing details of members interested in supporting external reviews to the organisations on request. Any further correspondence will come direct from the requesting organisation and will not involve BAPM. (Service reviews are run and supported by RCPCH.)
Here are some suggested questions you may wish to ask before agreeing to take on review work:
- How many cases are being reviewed?
- How many days work do you expect this to be?
- What is the deadline for completing the work?
- How much will I get paid for my time and is this capped at a maximum number of days? (We suggest asking for the standard rates used by GMC/CQC and RCP for their reviews which is currently £500 per day (October 2022))
- Is there any support / training for reviewers?
- Will I be named in the final document?
- Will the final document be made publicly available?