BAPM and RCPCH are often asked to provide neonatal experts to act as independent reviewers for service, mortality or serious case reviews. In order to process these requests efficiently BAPM is asking senior medical and nursing members interested in taking on this work to complete the attached application form. If you meet the essential criteria your details with then be added to the BAPM list. If you indicate you are willing to do service reviews, your details will be passed to RCPCH.
We strongly suggest that you read the considerations for taking on a review before committing to any work.
Deadline to apply for current opportunities: 5th December 2022
BAPM will put out a call for neonatal experts once a year so those that do not currently meet criteria will be able to join in future. If you are already on the list, you will be contacted to reconfirm your eligibility and willingness to remain on the list.
Essential Criteria to join BAPM's Independent Reviewer Register
For Medical Staff:
- You must be currently working in clinical practice in the UK or have retired no more than two years previously.
- You must have been a UK consultant for at least 10 years. (For those with consultant level experience outside of the UK, you should have at least 5 years’ experience as a consultant in the UK and at least 10 years’ total experience at consultant or consultant equivalent grade.)
- You must be on the GMC specialist register for Paediatrics (Neonatal Medicine).
- You must have no restrictions to practise or pending fitness to practise investigations from GMC or other regulatory body.
- You must be a current member of BAPM.
For Nursing Staff:
- You must be working in clinical practice in the UK or have retired no more than 2 years previously
- You must have been a UK registered nurse for a minimum of 10 years
- You must hold, or have held, a band 7 post or above for a minimum of 5 years
- You must be on the NMC register, with no restrictions to practise or pending fitness to practice investigations
- You must be Qualified in Speciality (QIS)
- You must be a current member of BAPM
Please complete the application form below to proceed.