This policy is designed to clarify the values of BAPM and provide a framework for decision making, ensuring that any interaction between BAPM and commercial organisations is conducted ethically and transparently protecting BAPM’s reputation and independence.
This policy emphasises the need to maintain trust through integrity. It is designed to ensure that BAPM:
• Enhances its status as an authoritative and independent source of information and guidance for perinatal health professionals and families
• Ensures it is authoritative and provides a visibly independent voice to policy makers
• Fulfils its charitable objectives and maintains compliance with Charity legislation
• Enhances its ability to work closely with other professional and voluntary bodies
• Safeguards its ability to relate to all ethnic and social groups amongst the membership and amongst families
• Avoids dependence on any single source of funding so that the prospect of withdrawal of that funding will not affect decision making by BAPM or its Officers
• Ensures the transparency of both the decision-making process and the final interaction with any commercial organisation
Do you have feedback on this resource? Tell us today.