Team base location
The team is based at the NICU’s and rotates one week in three between
- Swansea (Singleton Hospital)
- Cardiff (University Hospital of Wales) and
- Newport (Royal Gwent Hospital)
Geographical area covered
South Wales CHANTS cover the Network in South Wales up to Bronglais Hospital (Aberystwyth). North Wales CHANTS cover their area.
Cot locating service contact details
The cot locator is carried out daily between 08:00-09:00 hrs and emailed out to units via distribution lists.
Please call the neonatal unit covering transport that week.
Team contact details for referrals
- Singleton Hospital, Swansea: 01792 285403
- University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff: 02920 742680
- Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport: 01633 234844
Hospitals in service area
University Hospital of Wales
- Singleton Hospital, Swansea
- University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
- Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport
- Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil
- Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend
- Nevill Hall Hospital, Abergavenny
- West Wales Hospital, Carmarthen
- Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant
Bronglais Hospital, Aberystwyth
Hours of service operation: 08:00-20:00hrs, 7 days a week.
Elective transfers: 08:00-20:00hrs, 7 days a week.
Remit of service (Paediatric/Neonatal)
Neonatal transfers only.
08:00-20:00hrs, 7 days a week.
CHANTS will transfer to/from England for uplifts and repatriations of Welsh babies