October 2020 Edition: Antenatal Optimisation
- Brief summaries of the key evidence for antenatal optimisation interventions that can be used to persuade your team of the rationale.
- Evidence of successful practice in implementing the various elements of the Antenatal Optimisation pathway.
Previous Publication Reviews
January 2020 Edition including reviews of:
- Use of Plan-Do-Study-Act cycles to decrease incidence of neonatal hypothermia in the labor room.
- Skin-to-Skin Care After Birth for Moderately Preterm Infants: A Feasibility Project
- List of randomised controlled Trials and observational studies
Normothermia Edition (October 2019) including reviews of:
- Effectiveness of a measure program to prevent admission hypothermia in very low-birth weight preterm infants.
- Effect of very early skin to skin contact on success at breastfeeding and preventing early hypothermia in neonates.
- The impact of a quality improvement effort in reducing admission hypothermia in preterm infants following delivery.
- List of additional publications on normothermia
April 2019 Edition including reviews of:
1. Improving care collaboration for NICU patients to decrease length of stay and readmission rate.
2. Utilizing Quality Improvement Science to Improve Resident Neonatal Resuscitation Skills in the Delivery Room.
February 2019 Edition including reviews of:
1. “Golden Hour” quality improvement intervention and short-term outcome among preterm infants - October 2018
2. Using a composite morbidity score and cultural survey to explore characteristics of high proficiency neonatal intensive care units – January 2018
3. A Multifaceted Approach to Improving Outcomes in the NICU: The Pediatrix 100 000 Babies Campaign – April 2016