This course addresses human factors, human resource management, development of pathways and difficult airway trolleys in management of the difficult neonatal airway.
The MPROvE neonatal instructor training course was established by Neonatologists, and experts in simulation education. The course combines lectures, workshops and simulation to help deliver training in approaching different situations dealing with difficulties in managing the neonatal airway. The intention is to provide teams the ability to deal with these emergencies in a structured way using CRM principles.
The course addresses the following over 1 days:
- CRM/HRM principles in managing neonatal emergencies
- Difficult neonatal airway equipment and adjuncts (Workshops)
- Traffic light pathway in managing the difficult neonatal airway
- Preparing a difficult neonatal airway trolley
- Evidence based use of sedation and paralysis in neonates
- Checklists-Pre intubation, Pre extubation
- Can't intubate Can't Ventilate Situations in Neonatology
- Videolaryngoscopy training
- Workshops on using the Glidescope, Airtraq, C-MAC, and Bougie intubation
- Simulated practice in managing realistic manikins and modified high fidelity simulators as well as the preterm airway.
Date: 10 February 2023
Venue: Chilworth Manor Hotel, Chilworth, Southampton, United Kingdom