This webinar supports the launch of the BAPM Quality Improvement Toolkit 'Optimising Maternal Breast Milk for Preterm Infants – Part 2'.
The toolkit is the second of a two-part series, which together support the implementation of ten core elements to optimise the provision of Maternal Breast Milk (MBM) for preterm babies throughout the neonatal journey, to discharge and beyond.
Chair: Dr Sarah Bates - Consultant Paediatrician & Neonatologist, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; BAPM Quality Lead and PERIPrem Operational Clinical Lead.
Parent perspective - Catriona Howard, Parent Speaker
The evidence behind the toolkit - Ilana Levene, Neonatal GRID trainee, Thames Valley and NIHR Clinical Doctoral Fellow, University of Oxford
Supporting feeding transition
- Annie Aloysius, Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (Neonatology) & IBCLC, QCCH & St Marys Hospitals
- Jo Marks, Professional Lead for Speech and Language Therapy, Manchester
Successful breast milk feeding after discharge
- Lisa Parry – Infant Feeding Co-ordinator for Health Visiting
- Katharine Curren- Feeding Specialist Health Visitor & IBCLC
- Vicky Olson – Neonatal Infant Feeding Lead