The first level in the FINE programme, which introduces the scope of family-centred developmental care and the evidence that supports it. A two-day course with presentations, demonstrations and interactive workshops.
The course is recommended for anyone working with infants and families in hospital settings, including:
- Neonatal nurses and midwives
- Nursery nurses
- Medical staff
- Healthcare assistants
- Paediatric nurses
- Therapists working with neonates.
The programme covers the scope and evidence supporting this approach and explores the practical aspects of implementation. Topics include:
- Preterm brain, motor and sensory development
- Parent infant relationship and parent’s journey
- Observing and understanding infant behaviour
- Kangaroo care
- Baby-led feeding
- Managing stress and pain.
To book and for further information: https://www.bliss.org.uk/health-professionals/training-and-events/the-fine-programme/fine-level-1-foundation-toolkit
Contact: Dumisani Nyathi