This is the first level in the FINE programme, which introduces the scope of family-centred developmental care and the evidence that supports it. This is a two-day course with presentations, demonstrations and interactive workshops.
Who should attend?
The course is recommended for anyone working with infants and families in hospital settings, including:
- Neonatal nurses and midwives
- Nursery nurses
- Medical staff
- Healthcare assistants
- Paediatric nurses
- Therapists working with neonates.
What is included in the course?
The programme covers the scope and evidence supporting this approach and explores the practical aspects of implementation. Topics include:
- Preterm brain, motor and sensory development
- Parent infant relationship and parent’s journey
- Observing and understanding infant behaviour
- Kangaroo care
- Baby-led feeding
- Managing stress and pain.
Contact [email protected] to book your place
For further information: [email protected]