This two-day course is aimed at Neonatal and Paediatric trainees, Consultants, Clinical fellows and Associate Specialists. It will provide the essential skills to perform and interpret Neonatal Cranial Ultrasound on the Neonatal Unit.
The course will cover:
- The use of the ultrasound machine, normal cerebral anatomy, standard and supplemental views.
- Normal and abnormal brain development
- Preterm brain lesions
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, perinatal stroke
- Central nervous system infections
- Diagnosis / Prognosis: How to tell the parents?
Lectures by local and invited international speakers will be complemented with practical workshops.
Endorsed by the RCPCH.
Venue: The Lecture Room, George Pickering Education Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9DU
For further information / application form please email: [email protected]