Below is a summary of action and achievements over the last week for the Ukraine Perinatal Group.
The Ukraine Perinatal Group was set up to :
1. Advocate for mothers and babies in Ukraine
2. Determine the situation in Ukraine in relation to the provision of neonatal care and support Ukrainian colleagues
3. Determine situation and provide support to neonatal colleagues in bordering countries
4. Work with European colleagues to ensure actions are coordinated
Actions and outcomes from week beginning 28 March
1. The Ukraine Perinatal Group continues to meet neonatal colleagues in Ukraine and also Poland including a parent representative on a weekly basis to hear stories and determine needs in relation to equipment and supplies.
2. The group has connected with a UK Psychiatrist who is in a position to provide support for both staff and parents in Neonatal Units in Ukraine.
3. The group has been working with British Ukrainian Aid, Save the Children and UNICEF and other organisations to organise supplies and equipment for Ukraine.
4. Progress of the group will be presented at the RCOG World Congress in June
5. The group has been connecting colleagues in Ukraine with options for transporting babies
6. The group is represented on the Sexual and Reproductive Health Cluster which enables us to highlight issues with neonatal services and determine needs directly from the Ministry of Health in Ukraine.