The National Neonatal Audit Programme (NNAP) is looking for parents to submit photographs that tell a story about the care of their babies on the neonatal unit. They’d also like a caption that describes the picture, the aspect of the baby’s care it shows and what it means to the parents.
They’re looking for pictures that show the following aspects of the parent and baby’s experience:
- Looking after baby at the time of birth
- Baby getting help breathing
- Parents getting involved with their baby’s care
- Soothing their baby while they receive treatment
- Baby getting help feeding (tube feeding, breastfeeding and expressing for baby)
- The baby on the unit and at two years’ old
- Neonatal care during the COVID-19 pandemic
The NNAP is also keen to reflect the additional challenges that the pandemic has created and so there is a specific category for this. Photos for this category could relate to any of the other categories or reflect something specific to the virus.
Parents can enter up to one photo per category. The deadline for entries is 15 October 2021.