BAPM is seeking members to join a working group to develop a Framework for Practice on the use of donor human milk (DHM) in neonates.
This working group will review and update the existing BAPM Framework for Practice on The Use of Donor Human Milk in Neonates, published in 2016. In addition the group will address a number of other issues including:
- Changing patterns of DHM use.
- Variability in access to DHM across the UK.
- Differing models of DHM provision.
- Regulation around DHM Impact of the increasing commercialisation of DHM.
We are looking for:
- One NICU Consultant
- One LNU/ SCU Consultant
- One Trainee
- One ANNP
- One Nurse / Midwife
- One Dietitian
- One Network Manager / Director
- Two parent representatives (1 milk donor parent, 1 parent of recipient baby).
We will also have representation from the UK Association of Milk Banking (UKAMB) and the Human Milk Foundation.
No previous experience of BAPM working groups is required. We will be seeking to appoint representatives from units that have access to DHM, and as well as from units that don’t routinely use DHM.
The first meeting will be held on 22 February 2022. It is envisaged that this work will take approximately nine months and involve 3-4 virtual meetings, although more may be scheduled if needed. All meetings will be virtual.
To apply please complete the application form below and return to the BAPM Office.
Deadline to apply: 26 January.