BAPM members have been intrinsic in developing a cross perinatal group to offer support mothers and babies and perinatal colleagues in the Ukraine. In the past week, representatives from BAPM, RCPCH, RCOG, MCAI and others have met and started work in several areas:
- Met with colleagues in the Ukraine to offer moral support and practical advice
- Determining what drugs and equipment are most urgently needed in the Ukraine and surrounding countries.
- Publicising the plight of babies and their families under these terrible conditions to government, relief agencies and the public.
- Liaising with international relief charities and foreign agencies to determine how best to get aid to neonatal units.
- Liaising with border countries to support them with the additional demands on their services.
The RCPCH have put together a webpage of resources on the work they are doing to support Ukraine including the work in partnership with BAPM.
Anyone that wishes to help is advised to donate to the DEC appeal.