The BAPM Data and Informatics Steering Group is a multidisciplinary group of perinatal professionals. This group has been formed in response to members’ concerns including, but not exclusively, the increasing complexity of neonatal data, the multiplicity of groups collecting neonatal data with potential for duplication and/or conflicting definitions, and the considerable time and effort required by neonatal practitioners to input and review local and network data.
- Advocate for use of perinatal data to benefit babies and their families.
- Represent BAPM on external boards and consultations seeking specialist input in regard to data.
- Advise the BAPM Executive Committee on data related projects within BAPM’s work programme.
- Support perinatal professionals by developing resources and disseminating appropriate informatics knowledge.
The following organisations have agreed to official partners with BAPM in this work:
- National Neonatal Audit Programme (NNAP)
- National Maternity Audit Programme (NMPA)
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- National Neonatal Research Database (NNRD)
- National Child Mortality Database (NCMD)
- Neonatal Clinical Reference Group (CRG)
- Getting it Right First Time (GIRFT)
- Neonatal Networks
- Devolved Nations Data Leads
- [Chair] Cheryl Battersby, Data Lead for BAPM and Neonatal Consultant, London.
- Charlotte Bradford, Senior Information Manager, Yorkshire & Humber Neonatal ODN
- Sanjeev Deshpande, Neonatal Consultant, Shrewsbury and Telford
- T’ng Chang Kwok, Neonatal Grid Trainee and Research Fellow, East Midlands
- Juliette Lee, Neonatal Graduate
- Helen Mactier, BAPM President and Neonatal Consultant, Glasgow
- Sajit Nedungadi Consultant Neonatologist, Manchester
- Louise Weaver- Lowe, Neonatal Network Director, North West
- Kirstin Webster, ANNP and Clinical Fellow, Fife
You can contact the any of the group members via the BAPM Office.